Majka has been guiding since 1999, and, in 2002, was the fourth woman in the United States to become certified by the American Mountain Guides Association, the exclusive credentialing organization for American guides. Currently she is an AMGA Certified Rock Guide and Ice Instructor and served for six years on the organization’s Board of Directors.
Majka’s guiding career has run the gamut from a full time profession to a part-time passion. She currently specializes in multi-pitch rock climbing and technical ice climbing. Her experience includes:
- Rock, Ice and Alpine Guide since 1998 for various companies including: Colorado Mountain School, Exum, and American Alpine Institute. Currently guide and partner at MountainSense.
- Specializing in multi-pitch rock and ice routes, rescue and lead instruction.
- US Guiding Areas Include: Colorado Rockies, Tetons, North Cascades, Red Rock Canyon, Joshua Tree, New Hampshire/Vermont
- Guided International Expeditions: Ethiopia, Nepal, Bolivia, Ecuador, Mexico, Alaska, Mozambique
- Early work with Pacific Crest Outward Bound and Voyageur Outward Bound
Read more about Majka and her work as a professional climber, conservation entrepreneur, and author at majkaburhardt.com.