Majka Burhardt has been guiding since 1999, and, in 2003, was the fourth woman in the United States to become certified by the American Mountain Guides Association, the exclusive credentialing organization for American guides. Currently she is an AMGA Certified Rock Guide and also serves on the organization’s Board of Directors.
Majka’s guiding career has run the gamut from a full time profession to a part-time passion. She currently specializes in multi-pitch rock climbing and technical ice climbing.
Majka guides the gamut and specializes in private instruction and climbing on ice and rock. She guides a range of clients, from absolute beginners seeking their first taste of the vertical world, to experienced climbers looking to better their skills, learn to lead, and/or improve their safety, to climbers who are seeking that perfect day on rock or ice—those who are seeking a particular route, face, spire or mountain.
- Rock, Ice and Alpine Guide since 1998 for various companies including: Colorado Mountain School, Exum, and American Alpine Institute. Currently guide and partner at Mountain Sense.
- Specializing in multi-pitch rock and ice routes, rescue and lead instruction.
- US Guiding Areas Include: Colorado Rockies, Tetons, North Cascades, Red Rock Canyon, Joshua Tree, New Hampshire/Vermont
- Guided International Expeditions: Ethiopia, Nepal, Bolivia, Ecuador, Mexico, Alaska, Mozambique
- Early career work with Pacific Crest Outward Bound and Voyageur Outward Bound